Wednesday, March 20, 2013

“Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you but only in due measure; will not let you go entirely unpunished.”

Jeremiah 46

“Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you.  I will discipline you but only in due measure; will not let you go entirely unpunished.” v28

With the Jews living in divided kingdoms and as they are scattered throughout many nations, sin is rampant.  God shows enormous patience but this patience is of course not unlimited. 

I must not act as if God's patience for me is unlimited.  I must turn from sin, repent, and stay on the path God lays out for me.

My Prayer: Lord, it is amazing how many second chances you offer me and all of Your children.  Your patience, mercy, compassion and kindness is truly amazing.  I personally thank You Jesus.  I need You Jesus...desperately.  I am weak...please forgive me.  Help me grow in strength.  Help me find strength in You alone.