Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land.

Jeremiah 24

My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. v6

Once again, the Lord demonstrates patience, kindness, and compassion - even towards those who sin repeatedly.  Of course we are all fallen, yet God provides a path to Him for even the fallen.  However, this may not always be the case - we are to repent and rid ourselves of sin because there are limits to His patience because not all are graced by his patience.  All are punished and we should expect punishment - we deserve it and it is up to God to deal with us as He sees fit.

4 Then the word of the Lord came to me: 5 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians. 6 My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. 7 I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

8 “‘But like the bad figs, which are so bad they cannot be eaten,’ says the Lord, ‘so will I deal with Zedekiah king of Judah, his officials and the survivors from Jerusalem, whether they remain in this land or live in Egypt. 9 I will make them abhorrent and an offense to all the kingdoms of the earth, a reproach and a byword, a curse and an object of ridicule, wherever I banish them. 10 I will send the sword, famine and plague against them until they are destroyed from the land I gave to them and their ancestors.’” v4-10

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God and You are the Great Protector as You helped Dustin get through his filling at the DDS and You are full of patience, compassion and kindness for me...because I sin.  Thank You for Your Love Jesus and for protecting Dustin.  Please forgive me for my sin and please also help rid me of such sin - purify and refine me Jesus.  Mold me and help me such that Your desires are my desires.