Tuesday, March 26, 2013

They say, ‘The Lord does not see us; the Lord has forsaken the land.’

Ezekiel 8

They say, ‘The Lord does not see us; the Lord has forsaken the land.’

There are times when I knowingly sin and I say to myself "I will be forgiven", or "God knows I am imperfect"....both of which (and there are other things I say to myself) are LIES I tell myself to excuse my own sin.  What I do is no different than what the elders of Israel are doing with idols in the temple in this chapter in Ezekiel. 

The Lord knows all and sees all.

My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is their sin concealed from my eyes.  Jeremiah 16:17

...

For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14

...

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You DO know all, and You have power over all.  While forgiveness is available to me, I must not abuse this grace given to me as Your patience and grace is not unlimited for me.  I must not openly and willfully sin.  Please help me Jesus so that I don't tell lies to myself about my sin.  I know You see all and I am deserving of harsh punishment.  Help me turn from sin and be strong.  Give me strength Jesus.