Monday, September 16, 2013

34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw him, they pleaded with him to leave their region.

Matthew 8

34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw him, they pleaded with him to leave their region. v34

Jesus performed a miracle by healing the demon-possessed men but then the town "pleaded" with Jesus to leave!  Amazing.  Why would they do this?  After thinking about it for a few minutes, I thought to myself that I often do this - when confronted with a truth I run from the truth.  I either say NOT TRUE , HIDE the TRUTH, etc.  

I need courage to embrace truth - in this case Jesus and everything He represents.  Life change, transformation, etc.  I should submit fully to Jesus because He is great, His ways are great, and His plan for me is great.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

My Prayer: Lord, You are indeed a great God - full of love, mercy, kindness, patience, compassion and more, for me!  I am not deserving of such rich blessing.  Thank You that You love me and provide such blessing despite my sin.  Please forgive me for my neglect of You and how I run from You.  Help me run the race with my eyes fixed on You. Help me trust and follow You with all of My heart, mind, soul, and strength.