Thursday, September 26, 2013

Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” v37-38

Matthew 9

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.  Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” v36-38

 In v36, Jesus sees people as humans and he sees right through the "face" all us, myself included put up that mask our humanity.  Our humanity is of course a jumble of fears, concerns, sin of course, etc.  All of humanity craves love and craves peace....who does not crave fruits of the Spirit?  Yet we pretend we don't or we pretend have it covered.  Nonsense...speaking at least for myself.

I am in desperate need of both forgiveness and all that Jesus represents - the Holy Spirit, etc.  I NEED God in my life.  I also NEED to see this NEED in others and speak to people so I can relate to people according to their need...in other words serve them.  Jesus of course does this and urges us to serve others.  According to Matthew 22:39:

And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are my great shepherd.  You see that I need to be led and cared for and provide this and so much more for me.  I am not deserving of the great love blessing You provide.   I am full of anger, impatience, harshness, etc.  I know You love me anyway so thank You but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me be the man You intend for me. Help me love You and others with all of my heart, soul, and mind.