Friday, September 27, 2013

These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.

Matthew 10

These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him. v2-4

What is interesting here is how Judas is introduced both as one of the twelve apostles but also as someone who betrayed Jesus....to me this is written this way to communicate how God uses even those who sin as part of His plan.  Although it is not clear, perhaps Judas was a great apostle before he betrayed Jesus.  Also, God redeems all sin for His glory.

My Prayer: Lord, You are pure and holy and sinless. Of course I am NOT.  I am full of anger, stress, anxiety, fear, impatience, all things I am guilty of today or very recently.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me be the man You intend for me.