Monday, September 23, 2013

But they laughed at him. After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up. News of this spread through all that region.

Matthew 9

But they laughed at him. After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up.  News of this spread through all that region. v24-26

When I consider the question whether I mock faith as people in this story did, I consider more broadly the question whether I am as respectful towards faith as I should be...and then I feel convicted for "blowing off" my relationship with Jesus" in that I don't study the bible every day or do devotions with Zach every night as I should or pray with Lisa as I should...all things I KNOW I should be doing but I come up with excuse after excuse as to why I don't need to do it or I can't do it and it doesn't matter...both positions that are sinful!  I am to love the Lord my God with all of my heart, soul, and mind:

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. Matthew 22:37

My Prayer: Lord, only You are great!  You are Lord of Lords, King of Kings and Name above all Names.  You are worthy of worship because of who You are and specifically for who You are to me!  You blessed me beyond what I deserve.  I am thankful that You love me despite my anger, impatience, and my worry...but please forgive me for these sins.  Help me be that man You intend for me.