Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

Matthew 8

Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.” v4

As I posted yesterday, listening and understanding of God's message is not enough.  I am to do as the Word says - I must be in action.  Similarly, the power of action is reinforced in Matthew 8:4 where Jesus tells the man He just healed of leprosy to "not tell anyone".  Instead, go to those who claim you were not worthy to be in the temple - go to the priests - and demonstrate this healing.  Words alone will only do so much...Jesus recognizes this.  In person testimony and evidence of Jesus' as Lord is more powerful than hearing of it.

In the same way, I am called by Jesus to SHOW how Jesus transformed both my heart and my life.  This is indeed a great challenge.  I fall down on this challenge yet I know that Jesus can help me with it...I must trust that it is only Him that can help me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus You are indeed a great God and You have healed me, and transformed both my heart and my life.  I know how You have blessed me.  Yet I am not deserving of such blessing and love.  I have faith in myself more so than I do You.  Thank You that You love me Jesus but please forgive me.  Please help me grow my faith and trust in You. Help me give up control of all aspects of my life to You.