Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.

Matthew 9

Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region

I am not certain why Jesus asked the two blind men to keep their healing concealed but after poking around a bit with commentaries and thinking about it, my sense is that Jesus just wants us to have our motives be pure when talking about the power of Christ.   We as humans often talk about things to bring glory to ourselves and of course the objective is to bring glory to Jesus Christ.  This reminds me of my post from a few days ago about humility....serve others and serve Jesus so that others see NOT us but Jesus.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, ONLY You are great.  As I read about a few days ago, Your creation is so great that it can be attributed to no one else but You.  You are the greatest of all time and always will be - Name above all Names, Lord of Lords.  And You lower yourself to serve all, including me, even to death.  I am not worthy of all the grace, love, kindness, patience, sacrifice, etc. that You provide and bless me with.  I am full of anger, worry, anger, impatience, harsh words, lust, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me be the man You intend for me.