Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.

Levitcus 19

Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy. v1

We were created by God and for God.

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor. Isaiah 60:21

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6
 We are also Christ's ambassadors:

We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21
  
 God has a mission for us - to bring others to Him (see also Matthew 28 - The Great Commission).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and You are holy and perfect - perfect in all ways and perfect to me and for me.  You are everything to me and for me.  I need nothing else but You.  Thank You for how You provide, heal, encourage, teach, protect, etc.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such efforts and love. My sin continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.