Thursday, August 31, 2017

Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

Deuteronomy 14

Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. v22

God requires us to tithe - it is a reminder that all of our blessings come from God and that we are to trust God to provide for us.

We must also care for our church leadership - who is referred to by Moses in v27.

The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. 1 Timothy 5:17

Lord Jesus help me tithe so I have a reminder of how You are the source of all blessings and only You provide, that I must trust in You.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has blessed me beyond what I deserve.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet my sin continues - I am harsh with my words. Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.