Friday, August 18, 2017

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.

Deuteronomy 4

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. v2

It is important for us to read and study scripture...for many reasons. A key reason why we read scripture is to identify when Satan is at work as the devil will try and twist God's words. 

Examples of how Satan works are found in Genesis 3 when the serpent tricks Eve, and Matthew 4 when Jesus is tested in the wilderness.

Satan also works through false teachers.

Peter warns us about false teachers:


They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.” 2 Peter 2:19
 
See also posts here.
 
God's word is perfect.
 
And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times. Psalm 12:6
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God - perfect in all of Your ways. Even though You lived a sinless life, You came to rescue me and You willingly went to the cross for me  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such an act.  My sin continues - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.