Sunday, August 6, 2017

A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord.

Leviticus 27

A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. v30

The chapter of Leviticus closes with a command on tithing.

We are to tithe for a variety of reasons, and I believe a few of the most important reasons include one practical and two spiritual and these are not listed in order of importance:
  1. Because God commands us to
  2. Because we must care for the church and for those who are in need (and the church does this on our behalf); tithing should not limit our giving as cheerful givers we should give more than a tithe.
  3. Because as cheerful givers we must recognize that every good and perfect gift comes from above (James 1:17) and we are simply stewards of the treasure provides for us - it does not belong to us and we must allow it to flow from our hands to God and for those in His care 
Lord - please help me be a cheerful giver.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and You provide abundantly for all of my needs.  Thank You Jesus - I am not worth such provision.  I am harsh with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.