Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Do not put the Lord your God to the test as you did at Massah.

Deuteronomy 6

Do not put the Lord your God to the test as you did at Massah. v16

In Matthew 4, when Jesus is tested in the wilderness, this is one of the scripture verses quoted by Jesus to give Him victory over the tempter.

We are commanded to " [f]ear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name" (verse 13), and building on yesterday's post, we are to come to Him daily in study and prayer and to practice the presence of God.

Righteousness and victory over sin in our lives is within our grasp as we do this and because the Holy Spirit is with us.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:18:21 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God, full of love of and compassion for me, giving me many, many second chances, blessing me, protecting me, teaching me, providing for me - You are worthy of my life as a living sacrifice.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I know that I often fall short - I get angry too quickly and am harsh with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.