Thursday, August 24, 2017

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

Deuteronomy 7

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. v9

God makes many promises and He is faithful.  This is reinforced elsewhere in scripture including Luke 1:37 where Gabriel comforts Mary with these words: "[f]or no word from God will ever fail".  It is comforting during periods of concern. 

God will always be with us and never leave or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:5, Psalm 73:23, Matthew 28:20)

God provides, sustains, and we are not to worry.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God, and You provide - all things during all times.  I have experienced Your blessing during both good times and difficult times.  I know You are always with me and You sustain me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am harsh with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.