Monday, August 21, 2017

For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.

Deuteronomy 4

For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath. v31

We all have periods of our life when we place ourselves or other Gods ahead of the one true God - Yahweh.  The world of course is full of temptation and we sometimes succumb.  Yet we have a God who is truly full of mercy and compassion - so much so that He sent His one and only son Jesus Christ to die for us (John 3:16).

When we stray, we should return to Him and He will welcome us back with open arms.

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him. v29-30

See also parables of the Lost Sheep and Prodigal Son.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who is full of mercy and compassion.  You welcome me back when I stray - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love - as I stray often.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of cancer.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.