Saturday, September 9, 2017

Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore to their ancestors to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance. The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Deuteronomy 31

Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore to their ancestors to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance. The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” v7-8

While these words are spoken to Joshua, they are intended for all of us (Moses says them in front of all of the Israelites - v7).  There will be times in our lives, many times, when we believe tasks ahead of us are difficult.  When we feel called by God - we should be strong and courageous as Moses wanted Joshua to be as he led the Israelites into the Promised Land.

These words are not only spoken to Joshua, but also by David to Solomon - see here

Understanding God's will for our lives is something all of us must do - we are created to glorify God - how is God's plan for us.

Jesus, please help me understand Your will for my life.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, and I have seen with my own eyes what You have done - in my life and in the life of others.  Thank You Jesus for all that You have done for me and that You love me - even though I am broken.  I am not worth such love.  I get angry too quickly.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.