Friday, September 15, 2017

The commander of the Lord’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so.

Joshua 5

The commander of the Lord’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so. v15

As Joshua takes over leadership from Moses and as he prepares to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land, he encounters an angel of the Lord who will command the Israelites into battle with Jericho.  The angel speaks to Joshua and commands reverence - or "profound adoring awed respect".  God commanded this of Moses as well when God spoke to Moses through the burning bush.

The question is - when are we NOT to feel as if we are standing on holy ground.  Since God created the Heavens and the Earth and everything in it and He is in everything and holds everything together (Colossians 1) - we should be in reverence ALL of the time.  God is everywhere and in everything.


 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?  If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17


Paul also claims that we are to be a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). Reminder that we exist to glorify God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has created the heavens and the earth and everything in them and You created me in Your image and then rescued me from the pit by nailing Yourself to the cross - to free from death and from being slave to sin.  Thank You Jesus!  The greatest gift of all time...I am not worth such a gift.  I am hard on others...too hard.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.