Saturday, September 23, 2017

But Manasseh did not drive out the people of Beth Shan or Taanach or Dor or Ibleam or Megiddo and their surrounding settlements, for the Canaanites were determined to live in that land.

Judges 1

But Manasseh did not drive out the people of Beth Shan or Taanach or Dor or Ibleam or Megiddo and their surrounding settlements, for the Canaanites were determined to live in that land. v27

God desires the Israelites to take all the land given to them and to drive out those inhabiting the land - yet Israel's obedience is partial.  God wants 100% obedience - yet since the Fall this is impossible so God sent Christ for us.  Although Christ knows we cannot be 100% obedient He does desire us to love the Lord with all of our heart, soul and mind (see Matthew 22:37-40)....not some of our heart, soul, and mind but ALL.

There are consequences in this world (Ananias and Sepphira, The Rich and Kingdom of God) and in Heaven for those who are partial in their devotion to Jesus.

Jesus, help me devote ALL of my life to You.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who gave everything to me (Your life!) so that I could be spared the sting of sin and death.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a gift.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.