Thursday, September 7, 2017

Do not deprive the foreigner or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the Lord your God redeemed you from there. That is why I command you to do this.

Deuteronomy 24

Do not deprive the foreigner or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the Lord your God redeemed you from there. That is why I command you to do this. v17-18

As we continue to have an intense debate over immigration in our country - we can all agree that we should care for those who struggle due to difficult circumstances.  Moses reminds us how the Lord rescued the Israelites from bondage and we should all remember how Jesus came to rescue each of us and commands us to love others as He loves us (John 13:34).

Lord Jesus, help me love others as You love me.

My Prayer: Lord, I know You love me - You provide for all of my needs and I am not of want for anything.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such blessings.  I am lazy.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.