Monday, September 11, 2017

I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

Deuteronomy 32

I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. v3-4

As a follow up to yesterday's post, in Deuteronomy, Moses writes a song that chronicles the story of the Israelites as the Lord led them out of Egypt to the Promised Land and as the Israelites turned from the Lord on so many occassions.  

We must worship the one and only true God - for He holds us and everything else in His hands.  We should live in reverent fear of God.

See now that I myself am he!
    There is no god besides me.
I put to death and I bring to life,
    I have wounded and I will heal,
    and no one can deliver out of my hand.
I lift my hand to heaven and solemnly swear:
    As surely as I live forever,
when I sharpen my flashing sword
    and my hand grasps it in judgment,
I will take vengeance on my adversaries
    and repay those who hate me.
I will make my arrows drunk with blood,
    while my sword devours flesh:
the blood of the slain and the captives,
    the heads of the enemy leaders.” v39-42

Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.  1 Peter 1:17

Lord Jesus, please help me respect who You are and live my time in reverent fear and help me worship only You.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are - creator of the heavens and earth and everything in them.  You hold the world in Your hands - yet because You loved me You came for me as a child, as a man, then suffered and died for me...even though You lived a perfect life.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I fail to be all who You intend for me.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.