Friday, September 22, 2017

Israel served the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had experienced everything the Lord had done for Israel.

Joshua 24

Israel served the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had experienced everything the Lord had done for Israel. v31

If you experience the Lord, you will serve Him - that is my takeaway from the above.  As a father, I worry about whether my own sons will have faith.  Yet my focus should not be on my worry but on my own faith and if I focus on my faith, God will transform my heart and life and my sons should experience the miracles of transformation in my life.

I must be a light - Lord, please help me be a light.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the Light of the World and the Heavens - the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings.  Without You, nothing would exist.  I know You sustain me, and You have blessed me beyond what I deserve - I must dedicate and devote my life to You.  Yet I often worry instead.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.