Friday, April 6, 2018

Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

Proverbs 23

Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness.  Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. v4-5

As I continue to interview with another company, I must remind myself not to chase something that does not have eternal value, that does not glorify God.  I must also remind myself that I did not produce any success to date and I should be a good steward of what God entrusted to me.

See also posts here. 

May [the Lord] give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me, even with all of my sin and brokenness.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and everyday.