Sunday, April 22, 2018

Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem?

Isaiah 2

Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem? v22

Isaiah gives us a vision of the last days and he tells of how God is exalted above all as "[H]e rises to shake the earth" (v21).  We are reminded of how the things of this world will fade away, just as John describes it in Revelation.

Such a prophecy should also serve to warn us to put too much trust in anything of this world - including people, relationships we have, and even ourselves.  

We are to love God above all - this is the most important commandment.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has created the heavens and the earth and everything that inhabit them, and You create me in Your image to glorify You - You know everything about me, including my sin, yet You willingly died on the cross so that I could have life - thank you Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.