Wednesday, April 25, 2018

He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.

Isaiah 11

He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. v3-4

We know that Isaiah gives us a vision and prophecy of the coming Messiah - Immanuel - and in chapter 11 we understand more of His character - a righteous God who judges the heart. 


But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

Whatever God does is for His glory and our good.  God is not random, nor is He angry or full of wrath.  Instead, He is slow to anger and abounding in love, and His justice is perfect.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God whose justice is perfect, who knows everything about us yet loves us anyway, and who is slow to anger and abounding in love. You are all of this and more...thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.