Tuesday, April 24, 2018

But as the terebinth and oak leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land.

Isaiah 6

But as the terebinth and oak leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land. v13

God disciplines those He loves and in the early chapters of Isaiah, a vision is described for how God will chasten the Israelites for their disobedience.  Yet in the discipline, just as in chapter 4, we must see the love of God, not only His wrath.  God promises that a remnant of the Jewish people will remain - out of love and because of His promises to Abraham, Jacob, David, etc.  In chapter 7, God tell us of a coming child - Immanuel who we know is Jesus.   

My God is not an angry God, but a God who is slow to anger and abounding in love.  

We all sin (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8) and we must see discipline AS love.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me at all times and who disciplines me because of Your love for me - thank You Jesus for all that You do to mold me and to make me more like You.  I love You.  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please give her a clean scan today.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.