Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.

Proverbs 28

Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe. v26

As I posted a few days ago, I have struggled with arrogance - arrogance is not only a sin but in my view one the most significant stumbling blocks in our faith.  Humility is the starting point for our faith.  We must acknowledge that we are nothing without God and that we all need a savior.

See also post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love and patience for me - thank You!  I am not worth such love.  I worry and I am hurtful with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.