Thursday, April 5, 2018

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

Proverbs 22

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. v6

As a father, I am reassured of my efforts to point Zach and Dustin to Jesus.  But there is more I can do, to demonstrate love of Jesus and a desire to glorify Him.  

Help me Jesus, determine what more I can do, and give me the strength and confidence to obey Your will for my life.


Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has molded me into a better man, a better father, and a better husband.  Thank You Jesus.  I know You are not done with me.  There is sin You need to remove and more work for me to do.  Please forgive me for my worry and my sloth.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.