Monday, April 16, 2018

The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

Ecclesiastes 7

The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.  Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. v8-9

I need patience in my life - several different types of patience:
- patience and grace for others
- patience for God to reveal to me His desires for me

In the absence of patience, I often get frustrated and/or angry.  I need God's help to become more patient.  

Paul's words to Timothy are instructive in that I can look to God's patience for me as means to allow others to see patience in me.

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 1 Timothy 1:16

Jesus I know You are patient - help me see Your patience for me so that I can be more patient myself.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who is full of grace and patience for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and patience.  I am broken.  I worry and I am not often patient with others. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.