Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Jeremiah 1

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. v5

As I progress with my study of the major prophets, in Jeremiah we see a recurring theme - a nation that does not heed the word of God.  Yet before we go there, we see Jeremiah's call by God.  Jeremiah, like others, feels unprepared for what God desires for us - see v6.

Moses also felt this way.  Paul knows how serving God can sometimes be difficult and he encourages young Timothy (1 Timothy 4:12-14).  Everyone feels to a certain extent ill prepared to serve when God calls, yet we must understand that God is with us to help us.  It is also important that we serve with others who can support and encourage us.  God gave Aaron to Moses and both Paul and Silas encouraged and supported Timothy.

God will equip us and provide others to support and encourage us as we serve.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are that You have never left or forsaken me as I have felt Your presence through difficult times - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God as I often lack trust and faith that You are with me.  Please forgive me! Help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.