Sunday, May 20, 2018

I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.

Isaiah 57

I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. v15

God wants all of His children to return to Him...to turn from their sinful ways towards Him.  We must be willing to acknowledge that we all sin and are in need of a savior...that we are poor in spirit (Matthew 5:3).

See also the Parable of the Lost or Prodigal Son.  

God loves us so much that He offers forgiveness and second (and third, etc.) chances.

However, God's patience is not unlimited and we must act with a sense of urgency.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has welcomed me back SO many times.  Thank You Jesus! I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to accept You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.