Thursday, May 24, 2018

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners[.]

Isaiah 61

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners[.] v1

As a follow up to yesterday, we once again see how God comes to provide freedom from the sting of sin and death and how God's children are a "planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor" (v3).  This chapter further continues to express great hope and "everlasting joy" (v7) and God will help us grow and bear fruit (v11).  See also John 15.

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that You love us even though we are broken and sinful.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love as I worry and I have other sin.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please help us provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.