Thursday, May 10, 2018

I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’

Isaiah 46

I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’ v10

Speaking to His children through Isaiah, God makes it clear that it is not our plans that will prevail - how foolish of us to think so.  Yet, I know for myself that I too often believe that it is my will and my plans that will prevail or that I can get away with something thinking it will not have an impact.   

See posts on futility of our own plans relative to plans made in concert with God's will.

See also how we are accountable for our actions.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who is in control and who has blessed me so richly and restored me too often.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love as I am often harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.