Wednesday, May 2, 2018

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.

Isaiah 33

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure. v6

God is "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).  He wants us to have life and to have it to the "full" (John 10:10).  If we turn towards Him and focus on a renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2) we overcome the damning consequences of our free will

God directs us towards truth as He gives us wisdom and knowledge.

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.  Psalm 119:105

More from John Piper on free will.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus - You are an amazing God who has helped me with truth and knowledge - thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such a gift.  I often place other gods and idols above You.  Please forgive me!  Help me see the surpassing worth of You and You alone!  Help me turn towards You and love with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.