Monday, May 21, 2018

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?

Isaiah 58

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? v6

Fasting is just one spiritual discipline, and we can't pretend to assume that because we sufficiently practice one we are doing what God wants us to do - God wants us to continue to grow.   We also do not want to be guilty of hypocrisy or of not being in action as James 1:19-27 describes for us.  See also post here.

My Prayer Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who lives in me and I have seen how You have produced fruit in my life and in the lives of others.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such love as I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.