Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ[.]

Ephesians 3

Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ[.] v8

In the latter part of Ephesians 2 Paul writes to the Ephesians how the Jews and Gentiles are reconciled through Christ and Paul continues on this theme in chapter 3.   Just as Peter brought the Good News of Jesus to the Jews, Paul does so to the Gentiles.  Striking in Paul's letter here in chapter 3 is his humility.  Paul is a church leader and he is well versed in scripture yet he remains strikingly humble.  Yet we also see a boldness and confidence - in Christ.

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. v12

Paul is persecuted, beaten, and imprisoned for his missionary work, yet he continues to proceed with delivering the Good News because he knows Truth and that nothing can stop God's plan, which includes using Paul to deliver the Good News.

God takes the ordinary and the humble and He makes greatness.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has grow my confidence - in You...thank You Jesus!  I am grateful for this and also for helping me become less reliant on myself and the world.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and blessings.  I often let things get in the way of my relationship with You Jesus...please forgive me!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and everyday.