Wednesday, September 25, 2019

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. v16-19

Until we meet Jesus face-to-face in Heaven, we won't know the fullness of God, but Paul desires for us to experience the love of God that he experienced.  John Piper describes this love here.  Paul wants us to know that God's love for us is so wide, long, high and deep that it surpasses knowledge! It is so great that our human minds cannot comprehend its dimensions.  We must ponder on this and allow this to deposit in our hearts so that we can access this love as part of a deepening relationship with Christ that serves to transform our hearts and lives.  It is love that is undeniable. It must drive us to Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God whose love for me is beyond my comprehension - I know You love me.  It is clear.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not deserving of such love - I know this as well.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.