Friday, September 27, 2019

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 4

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. v31-32


Paul wants the Ephesians to be a light to others encouraging them to work (so "they have something to share with those in need" v28) and to speak in encouraging ways (to "benefit those who listen" v29).  Underlying Paul's words is a hope that believers love and glorify God and love others ("created to be like God" v24, avoid grieving the Holy Spirit v30, and to forgive as Christ God forgave us v32).

As Paul continues in Ephesians to give us practical advice and instruction on Christian living - it starts with loving God and then loving others - the most important commandment and the 2nd most important commandment.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me in ways that I cannot even fathom - I just know that You love me and You will never leave or forsake me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not deserving of such love.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.