Saturday, September 14, 2019

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all.

Galatians 1

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. v6-7

There is but one true God - Jesus Christ - one gospel, and a new covenant that forms and is the basis of our relationship with God.  Yet as Paul was growing the church he encountered those who sought to force new believers to follow all the ways of the Mosaic law as the path to Christ.  Yet Paul seeks to forcefully remind the new believers in Galatia that it is justification by faith (not works) that provides our path to Jesus and salvation.  See also resources from overviewbible.com and MacArthur Bible Study Commentary (for purchase) that provide a primer on the purpose of this letter by Paul to the new church in Galatia.

This is also a good reminder for believers to study the Bible and seek both a head and a heart of understanding and there are times when we need to challenge each other to ensure a more full understanding of God's message.  I am grateful for those who help deepen my understanding of God's word.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and has grown in my heart and life and provided Your word as a means to do this, and as well provided others in my life to help deepen my understanding of God's word.  Thank You Jesus - I am grateful for such blessings.  Yet I am not deserving.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.