Thursday, October 24, 2019

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

1 Timothy 1

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. v16

In v12-17 Paul shares a bit of his testimony and the heart and life change he experienced. We should all acknowledge the "immense patience of God" in our own lives.  I KNOW that God is patient and scripture is full of such examples of how God is slow to anger and abounding in love - He gives us second chances DAILY!

That is why Paul appropriately writes in Romans 12:1 that we should "offer [our] bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is [our] true and proper worship".

God is great indeed!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who gives me second chances daily - thank You for for your immense patience and that You are slow to anger and abounding in love.  I need this love in my life and cannot live without it - it feeds and sustains me.  Yet I know I am undeserving of it - all the more reason why I am thankful.  Please forgive me for the sin I commit daily even the sin I know I will commit today.  Please help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.