Monday, October 21, 2019

[Satan] will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing.

2 Thessalonians 2

[Satan] will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. v9-10

Paul seeks to point the Thessalonians to Jesus, as they have been led astray by false teachers claiming that Christ has already returned (rapture).  This is what Satan does - he leads people astray!  Believers must be sober and alert!

Non-believers must repent and believe for the remainder of v10-12 contains a stark warning for those who do not believe.


They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. v10-12

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God because You came to save me and others who believe!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and blessing.  I often put myself first above God and above others.  Forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.