Wednesday, October 30, 2019

They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

2 Timothy 3

They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. v6-7

Paul warns Timothy about how "terrible" the last days will be like.  He describes what non-believers will be like in those days, indicating they will have a "form of godliness".  In v7 Paul indicates that these non believers will "always [be] learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth".  I know some who have an interest in Jesus and faith - but perhaps more from an intellectual or quasi-new age spiritual perspective.  

It's not enough to be curious about God or to have this type of intellectual or quasi-new age spiritual interest in Jesus, we must seek Him to the extent that we understand that we are all fallen, all need a Savior, and Jesus is Savior and Lord of All.  We must then surrender our lives to Him and earnestly seek Him in a daily, life-long and personal relationship with Jesus.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who IS my Lord and Savior.  I DO desire to surrender all of my life to You as I have seen what You have done in my heart and life.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not deserving of such love and blessings.  My words are harsh.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.