Sunday, October 13, 2019

Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.... Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.... Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Colossians 3

Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.... Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged....Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. v19,21,23-24

Instructions for Christian Households indeed!  As a follow up to my post yesterday on heart and life transformation, today's post serves to reinforce yesterday's scripture with additional instructions as I call out the implications that exist for husbands, fathers, and workers. 

If we are to be a light, we must model Jesus and for us to model Jesus, we must seek heart and life transformation.  We must hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.  Matthew 5:6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are light and You pulled me out of the darkness into the light and gave me life...to the full!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings. I sin daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.