Sunday, May 29, 2022

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, I move on Lesson 15, Day 2, which looks at Isaiah 40. My commentary provides the following divisions for this chapter:

  1. The proclaimed glory of God comforts sinners with forgiveness (v1-11)
  2. The immeasurable glory of God dwarfs the cosmos and the nations (v12-26)
  3. The limitless glory of God strengthens the weary (v27-31)

As previously indicated in the past couple of posts, chapter 40 marks a transition as the commentary states that God yearns that his crushed people, humbled and broken under his judgements, will see that atonement for their sin is God's final purpose....Now at last Judah is assured that full atonement is provided for all her sins."

The commentary shares the following applications for Isaiah 40:

  1. trust in Christ
  2. expect the need for daily strengthening of our faith
  3. pray confidently and humbly
  4. appreciate our own fragility and mortality
  5. set our hope on the grace to be given to us when Jesus Christ returns

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me - daily!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love, grace and compassion.  My sin is great and it continues daily.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.