Friday, May 20, 2022

“Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the older shall serve the younger.”

Isaiah 33-36:10

“Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the older shall serve the younger.” Genesis 25:23

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, I move to Lesson 13, Day 4, which focuses on Isaiah 34:5-17.  These verses look at God's judgement of Edom, including how this judgement is the subject of prophecies in other books of the Bible, including Genesis 25, Obadiah 1, Jeremiah 49, and Psalms 137. Edom is of course, a nation from Esau's descendants.  Isaiah's prophecies of Edom's destruction and punishment are consistent with how God said to Rebekah in Genesis 25 that Esau (the older) shall serve Jacob (the younger).  God's words do come to pass - He is faithful.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - what an awesome God You are - You never leave or forsake me and Your promises are my anchor - I can trust in You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You are faithful, and how You love me.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and otehrs. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.