Sunday, May 8, 2022

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

Revelation 20

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. Psalm 119:18

This week marks (meeting Monday nights) the final week of my D-Group's study of Revelation - using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide. For this week's study, we are collapsing the Epilogue (week 11) and the Summary/Conclusion (week 12) into a single week. For today, I wrapped my viewing of the video An Evening of Eschatology

Building on my post yesterday, I viewed the balance of the video, and as the video began to wrap, I watched as John Piper suspected that most viewers - as I did - would feel overwhelmed and challenged by how to both follow and apply the messages discussed.  In light of this, Piper asked each of the panel participants to end the talk by offering one thought of encouragement to not be overwhelmed and refuse to "dig in" to difficult aspects of the Bible.

  1. Don't give up - continue to read the Bible and use the powers given to You by God and the Holy Spirit to better understand the Bible - Jim Hamilton
  2. Keep the Gospel message front and center - Doug Wilson
  3. God is honored when we sharpen our thinking by examining different Biblical interpretations - Sam Storms

Yesterday, I highlighted a passage from 2 Timothy - about how all scripture is breathed out by God and profitable.  Indeed I believe this and feel let to highlight another passage by scripture.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who gives me Your Word, and I am able to read about You, and I am able to spend time with You. Thank You Jesus.  What a blessing!  I am not deserving of such a blessing.  My sin is great and it continues. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.