Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations.

Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. Isaiah 42:1

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, I move on to Lesson 16, Day 2, where the focus is Isaiah 42.  Here, my commentary outlines the following divisions:
  1. The Gentle King and His Irresistibly Advancing Kingdom (v1-7)
  2. The Message of the Kingdom Resulting in Joyful Praise (v8-12)
  3. The Zeal of the Warrior God Rescuing His Captive People (v13-17)
  4. The Shameful Condition of God's Sinful People

In v1-7 we see a prophecy of the coming Messiah - Jesus Christ. He is referred to as God's servant (v1).  He has chosen Him (v1).  He delights in Him (v1).  He put His Spirit upon Him (v1). He is "giving" us Christ "as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon from the prison those who sit in darkness."  Behold indeed!

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE the Promised Messiah, the One told about and anticipated about long ago in the book of Isaiah.  You came to save me and all of humanity throughout redemptive history - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You came to save me and how You did save me.  My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.