Thursday, June 16, 2022

Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people. Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.

Isaiah 42-44

Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people.  Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen. Isaiah 44:7

I continue with my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, I wrap Lesson 16 by addressing the questions posed on lesson Day 5, where the focus is Isaiah 44. My commentary outlines the following divisions in this chapter:

  1. God promises to pour out his Spirit and create His children (Isaiah 44:1-5)
  2. God alone can explain the past and predict the future (44:6-8)
  3. God ridicules idol makers (44:9-20)
  4. God has swept away our sins like a mist, so rejoice (44:21-23)
  5. God raises up Cyrus to rebuild Jerusalem (44:24-28)

We must see the stark contrast between God and the false gods called out in this chapter.  While we can stand on God's promises as He is faithful, we, at the same time, must acknowledge how the false gods we often chase fall short of the One True God. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and NONE can compare to You.  You are my Lord and Savior and saved me - while I was still hostile and an enemy to You...thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God.  My sin continues and it is great.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such a sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.