Monday, August 27, 2012

Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one who takes a city.

Proverbs 16

I have strong opinions about the way things should be and I am very often impatient with others if I don't trust in God that these things won't work themselves out.

Today I understand impatience for what it is - lack of trust in the Lord.  That the Lord knows what is important and if it is important and He wants it to happen He will make it happen in His time - and that I need to trust Him.

My Prayer: Lord, You have the utmost in patience, grace, and love for me.  How incredible You are.  It is incredible of course because I am not worthy of such blessings.  I am full of impatience.  I thank You that You love me anyway and for how You bless me but I need You to forgive me for my impatience.  Give me supernatural patience - the kind of patience that You have in me.