Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Whoever is patient has great understanding,

Proverbs 14

Whoever is patient has great understanding,
    but one who is quick-tempered displays folly. v29

We should be patient in many areas of our life, including with our listening.  According to James, we need to be: "quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry[.]" James 1:19

In 1 Timothy 16:15-16, we are to be patient because Jesus is with us:

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners —of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Patience has many benefits as well.  This morning I found an interesting book titled Wait: The Art and Science of Delay.  The premise of the book is that we are to master the art and science of delay to make the best decision possible....interesting.  I have not read the book but my view is that during this delay we are to go to God for His wisdom.

My Prayer: Lord, Your patience, understanding and love for us is unending.  It is unending because we continue to sin despite our best efforts not to.  I am sinful for not loving others as You command us to.  I thank You that You love me anyway but I do pray Lord Jesus that You forgive me for this sin.  Please also help me be to others as You are to me.